I love my sweet baby boy who is no longer a baby! He is 3.5 and one goal that I have always had was to try to document more of what’s going on in his world. Now, I look back and wish I would have taken more pictures and written more fun facts down but instead of trying to go back (which is impossible) I am going to try to do better from here on out!
(iPhone picture where the quality is just so-so BUT it’s of Tryp wearing his new McQueen shirt)
Tryp has some very cute moments and some not so cute moments…which all kids are like this. He is learning to test the water to see how serious I am and I think I do a pretty good job of sticking to my guns.
(Ready to go swimming!)
Now that summer is in full swing (and I am in the home stretch of my pregnancy) we have been swimming one day a week. I go out there more and sometimes I feel bad because I send Tryp to school BUT honestly I am scared that if something happens that I won’t be able to help to my full potential because of being pregnant. So as of right now one day a week is what Tryp gets and he seems to LOVE it. He is funny about water in his face but has tried to be Mr. Daredevil a few times now by going without his round floater. Talk about freak. me. out.
(First T Ball game: June 6th, 2010)
Tryp has started playing T Ball now. It’s pretty funny to watch these games that have 2 innings, no score, and a bunch of dirt digging. 3 and 4 year olds just don’t have the attention span for 45 minutes of game playing. There is too much waiting involved.
) Tryp’s dad is coaching his team so he does okay except he only likes to bat and doesn’t stay on the field when he is supposed to. He comes to me in the stand and gives me sugars and asks for water. As much as I love this I keep telling him that his team needs him and he is supposed to be on first base. He doesn’t last long but it’s cute to watch him while he plays for 5 minute spurts.
*Things I don’t want to forget about 3 1/2*
- He loves all things ‘man’. Batman. Spiderman. Superman. Ironman.
- Sunscreen = “Scum Scream” to Tryp
- Bedtime went from 7:30 to 8:00 PM.
- Knives = “wives” to Tryp
- He can count up to 20 but skips sixteen.
- The vacuum is his new obsession and I’m taking full advantage of this.)
- Favorite Foods = yogurt, corndogs, and almost all fruit (-peaches)
- He is the best helper ever! Loves to help do dishes and laundry! Praise God!
- His favorite book at the moment is Llama Llama Mad at Mama. (I hope to get a video of him reading it to me, it’s precious.)
- He tells me and Hank continually how much he “lubs” us and asks for kisses non-stop.
Melt my heart.